About this course
This course will allow you to develop your knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology in beauty therapy. You will also develop your communication and customer service skills consulting with clients, successfully promoting and retailing products and providing a range of beauty treatments including Swedish massage, skin and body analysis.
Alongside theory classes you will learn practical skills in our commercial beauty salon, Kudos, where you will work with real paying customers.
Full-time students aged 16-18 will follow a study programme at City College which includes:
- The main subject qualification
- Work experience which is effective, relevant, and includes careers fairs, site visits, guest speakers and introduces you to the expectations of the real demands of work
- English and maths, where students have not yet achieved a GCSE grade 9-4/A*-C in these subjects by age 16
- Additional activities, such as tutorials and work-related learning, to help further develop the personal skills relevant to your progression goals
These four elements should combine to provide stretch and challenge to prepare you for progression to employment or further study.
What you will learn
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Provide body massage
- Provide facial and body electrotherapy treatments
- Anatomy and physiology
- Provide dry spa treatments
- Provide body stone therapy treatments
Training at City College will give you a huge advantage as you will learn in our purpose built hair and beauty salon, Kudos. You will learn with industry standard equipment working under supervision with real, paying clients to give you a wealth of experience.
- 5 GCSEs grades 9-4/A*-C (including English, maths and science) AND
- Level 2 Technical Beauty Therapy (including GCSE English and maths grade 9-4/A*-C)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Work in salons, theatres, fashion houses, spas or on cruise ships
- Degree at university
- Start your own business
Trips, visits & activities
- Visits to trade shows
- Guest speakers
- Salon, spas and cruise ship visits
- Work experience
- Industry week activities
At City College
Level 3 Diploma Beauty Therapy
Beauty therapist at the Grand Harbour Hotel
"The experience I gained from training in a working salon at City College was invaluable. It taught me exactly what to expect from the world of work and the proper way to interact with real paying clients.
So many people recommended I go to City College. I really enjoyed the level three diploma as I was interested in the anatomy and physiology modules. It's definitely something that I want to continue to improve my skills in to help for the future."