About this course
This nationally recognised qualification is run by industry professionals and is a natural progression from the HNC in Photography. It can lead you onto a full degree at university or directly into employment.
You will work independently on a choice of live project briefs that will provide you with invaluable work experience and professional practice. You will demonstrate your abilities in a range of techniques, skills and areas of work both on location and in our state-of-the-art photography studio.
The course includes 1.5 contact days per week at college and will culminate in an exhibition where you will showcase your work in a professional setting to the public, local employers and higher education institutions.
Financially the HND is a far more cost effective option than a degree.
Do you need help to pay for this course? Did you know you can take out a Higher Education Loan to help with this? The Student Loans Company provides loans and grants to learners at college studying Higher Education. For more information click here
What you will learn
The aims of this course are to encourage and nurture your creative and technical skills.
- Develop advanced photographic skills and techniques working on location and in our state-ofthe-art photography studio
- Lighting techniques both in the studio and on location
- You will have the opportunity to work on client led live briefs
- You will have the opportunity to explore your choice of specialist areas of photographic practice
Classes take place in specially designed photography studios and involve a range of activities including group and individual work. You will be encouraged to build on your strengths and develop further in areas for improvement. There is an overarching priority to build confidence and enable you to develop your own creative style. This is a practical course with some written units. There are no written exams.
- Large and fully equipped photography studio with industry standard equipment
- Digital and analogue technology
- Photography dark room
- Suite of Apple Macs featuring latest Adobe CC software for editing and processing
- Gallery exhibition space
100% Coursework/practical assessment
- HNC in photography
- Strong creative portfolio of work
- Demonstrate a strong commitment and interest in photography
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|11/09/19||09:00 - 17:00 (Wed & Thu)||1 year||Main||£3,750* (eligible for Higher Education loan)|
- Top-up to a relevant BA degree
- Employment in the photography industry
- Career development
Our HND programme has an established record of progression to employment both locally and in London and university top-up degree courses ranging from photography to advertising. We now also have graduates who have progressed onto a Masters Degree.
A digital SLR camera is essential for this course. You are also advised to purchase a USB memory stick of 1GB or more.
This qualification is awarded by BTEC Edexcel, 190 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7BH. Telephone 0844 576 0026