About the course
This is a practical course that would particularly benefit those with a desire to work in the creative arts industry or are currently working within the profession. It will provide you with a range of creative experiences and will enable you to experiment and develop skills in drawing, painting, textiles, fashion, photography, printing, graphics and sculpture/3D methods. The course ends with a professional art exhibition where you can showcase your work to the public, local employers and higher education institutions.
You would be required to attend college on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Do you need help to pay for this course? Did you know you can take out a Higher Education Loan to help with this? The Student Loans Company provides loans and grants to learners at college studying Higher Education. For more information click here
What you will learn
You will be supported in developing a highly individual, ideas based portfolio, pursuing your own specialist interests including theory, materials and techniques.
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Critical Study in Art and Design or Ideas In Context
- References and Sources in Art and Design
- Communication with Images in Art and Design
- Commissioned Fine Art Work
- Development of a Fine Art Identity
- Digital Image Creation and Development
- Personal Development Through Drawing
- A specialist area of Art & Design based on your choice
- Well equipped art studios
- Large and fully equipped photography studio
- Photography dark room
- Suite of Apple Macs
- Gallery exhibition space
100% Coursework/practical assessment
- Level 4 qualification in art, design, photography, media or other relevant subject and
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (including English and maths) and 1 A-Level in a creative subject
- Mature students through interview, portfolio and a literacy and numeracy test
- Portfolio of work to be presented at interview
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|12/09/18||09:30 – 17:00 (Wed & Thu)||1 year||Main campus||£3,750* (eligible for Higher Education loan)|
- Top up to a degree at university
- Freelance work
- Work in graphic design, illustration, fine art, fashion, textiles, 3D design, interior design, animation, art history, digital media, curatorship, art journalism or teaching
This qualification is awarded by BTEC Edexcel, 190 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7BH. Telephone 0844 576 0026