About the course
This is a practical course that would particularly benefit those with a desire to work in the creative arts industry or are currently working within the profession. It will provide you with a range of creative experiences and will enable you to experiment and develop skills in drawing, painting, textiles, fashion, photography, printing, graphics and sculpture/3D methods. Each year ends with a professional art exhibition where you can showcase your work to the public, local employers and higher education institutions.
You will be required to attend college on Tuesday's 9:30am – 5pm and Wednesday's – 10am – 1pm.
* HE loan - The Student Loans Company provides loans and grants to learners at college studying Higher Education. For more information visit www.slc.co.uk
What you will learn
You will be supported in developing a highly individual, ideas based portfolio, pursuing your own specialist interests including theory, materials and techniques.
- Digital media
- Lens-based recording techniques
- Ideas generation and development
- Site-specific fine art
- Communication with images in art and design
- Traditional and experimental materials, processes and techniques
- Exhibition of art work
- Visual communication in art and design
- Ideas generation and development in art and design
- Contextual studies, art theory and cultural referencing in art and design
- Professional practice in art and design
- Well equipped art studios
- Large and fully equipped photography studio
- Photography dark room
- Suite of Apple Macs
- Gallery exhibition space
- Level 3 qualification in art, design, photography, media or other relevant subject (ideally a foundation or extended diploma) and
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (including English and maths) and 1 A-Level in a creative subject
- Mature students through interview, portfolio and a literacy and numeracy test
- Portfolio of work to be presented at interview
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|12/09/17||09.30 - 17.00 (Tue) & 10.00 - 13.00 (Wed)||1 year||Main||£3750* Eligible for Higher Education Loan|
- HND in Art & Design
- Freelance work
- Work in graphic design, illustration, fine art, fashion, textiles, 3D design, interior design, animation, art history, digital media, curatorship, art journalism or teaching