About the course
This course will develop your technical skills and knowledge in advanced cutting, styling, colouring, health and safety and customer service skills necessary to be employed as a Senior Stylist.
You will learn practical skills in our commercial hair salon, Kudos, alongside theory classes.
What you will learn
- Hairdressing consultation services
- Cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Creatively colour and lighten hair
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Hair colour correction services
- Cut men's hair using basic techniques
- Creative hair extension services
- Smoothing and strengthening services
- Create a variety of perming effects
- Hair relaxing services
- Specialist hair and scalp treatments
- Creative hair design skills
Training at City College will give you a huge advantage as you will learn in our purpose built hair and beauty salon, Kudos. You will learn with industry standard equipment working under supervision with real, paying clients to give you a wealth of experience.
- 4 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 (including English, maths and a creative subject) and Level 2 in Hair (including Level 2 functional skills)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Advanced apprenticeship in Hairdressing or Barbering
- Higher Education / University
- Work in salons, theatres, fashion houses or on cruise ships
- Start your own business