About the course
This course will develop your technical skills and knowledge in advanced cutting, styling and colouring techniques. It will also build on your customer service and health and safety skills required to work in the industry.
Alongside theory classes you will learn practical skills in our commercial beauty salon, Kudos, where you will work with real paying customers.
What you will learn
- Health and safety in the salon
- Blow-drying and finishing services
- Hair colouring services
- Hair cutting services
- Hairdressing consultation
- Setting and dressing services
- Competition hair
- Style hair with electrical equipment
Training at City College will give you a huge advantage as you will learn in our purpose built hair and beauty salon, Kudos. You will learn with industry standard equipment working under supervision with real, paying clients to give you a wealth of experience.
70% coursework/practical - 30% exam
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 (including English, maths and a creative subject) and Level 2 Technical Diploma in Hairdressing (including GCSE English and maths grade A*-C/9-4)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Advanced apprenticeship in Hairdressing or Barbering
- Degree at University
- Work in salons, theatres, fashion houses or on cruise ships
- Start your own business
Trips, visits & activities
- Guest speakers
- Entry to industry competitions
- Industry week activities
- Work experience