About this course
This Level 3 Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) is for those working or wishing to work in early years education and care. It will prepare you to become an Early Years Educator, enabling you to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children up to 7 years.
Upon achievement of this qualification it is intended that, with this license to practice, you will be able to enter the workforce as an Early Years Educator.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £18,525 a year (gross salary), are unemployed, or if this is your first level 3 qualification, you may not have to pay for this course due to the National Skills Fund. Apply online now!
If you're aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. This course is eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan.
If you have any questions about this course, please contact us.
What you will learn
There are 23 mandatory units to complete which are structured around the following 4 themes:
- Health and well-being
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Professional development
To gain this qualification you will need to achieve the following:
- Pass all units. Units will be internally assessed.
- Longitudinal study (unit 3.15). This will be a mandatory task set by the awarding body. It will be internally assessed.
- Competence in a real work environment.
- You will need to be working, volunteering or on a practical placement as an important part of the assessment process involves evaluating skills in real working situations. We recommend 350 hours across the age ranges.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade 4/C or above, or Functional Skills Level 2 in Engiish and Maths, or have at least one and completing the other alongside the course.
- You will be required to attend a College interview prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|14/09/22||18:00 - 21:00 (Wed)||1 year||Main campus||£2,882 or FREE if eligible*|
Upon successful achievement of this qualification it is intended that, with this license to practice, you will be able to enter the workforce as an Early Years Educator.
You would also be able to go onto Higher Education in fields related to working with children such as teaching.