About this course
This part-time course will use AutoCAD software to introduce you to basic CAD drawing and models, leading onto the more advanced levels. It will enable you to produce engineering drawings, parts, models and assemblies of engineering components.
What you will learn
2D drawing topics covered include:
- Accessing the AutoCAD software
- Creating and using blocks
- Creating and using prototype drawings
- Drawing lines, arcs and circles
- Use of layers and text
- Hatching and dimensioning
- Formatting system variables
- Text and dimension styles
- Editing existing drawings
3D modelling topics covered include:
- Producing basic three dimensional models
- Editing tools for the 3D models
- Rendering and publishing the 3D models
This course is not a qualification however the course would provide a platform for learners to go and complete a recognised qualification.
You will need to have a good understanding and skill in using general IT packages, plus a technical drawing background is an advantage.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|02/10/19||18:00-20:00 (Wednesday)||10 weeks||Main campus||£325|
|26/02/20||18:00-20:00 (Wednesday)||10 weeks||Main campus||£325|
Level 1 Award in Parametric Modelling (7689-01)