Advanced Diploma in Marine Engineering
Qualification: City & Guilds Diploma
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About this course
This career-led course is aimed at adults wanting to gain technical skills and knowledge in marine engineering at a more advanced level. The course is one day a week over two years and is held at our specialist Marine Skills Centre in Woolston, Southampton.
The Advanced Diploma in Marine Engineering covers marine engine maintenance, fault-finding, replacement of components and marine electrics.
If you’re aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
If you have any questions about this course, please contact us.
What you will learn
- Installation, fault diagnosis and repair of marine engines
- Installation and repair of marine propulsion systems
- Installation and repair of vessel services
- Principles of marine construction and components
- Safe and effective working in the marine industry
Our Marine Skills Centre on the waterside in Woolston features some of the best marine training facilities in the region including:
- Composites workshop
- Marine engineering workshop
- Marine electrical workshop
- Boat building and repair workshop
- IT and CAD suites
- GCSEs grade C/4 or above (including English, maths and science), or
- Level 2 Marine Engineering, or
- Extensive experience and sound knowledge of marine engineering, wood working and electrical systems
You will be required to attend an interview prior to enrolling onto the course.
- Higher education (i.e. degree level study)
- Employment in marine construction or engineering