You don't need to go to university to go further
University level courses
Our university level courses are career focused giving you excellent practical skills and academic knowledge to help you progress your career, enter employment at a higher level, or to achieve a degree. Our modern campus provides you with the best opportunity to learn in real-life working environments using advanced industry-standard equipment.
You will benefit from:
- Industry experienced tutors
- Small class sizes
- Cheaper fees than university
- Qualifications valued highly by employers
- Flexible study – College attendance only 1 or 2 days a week
- Modern campus with real-life working environments
- Advanced industry-standard equipment
- Excellent student support
- Close partnerships with regional universities for topping-up to a full degree
Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial assistance to support you during your course at College, whether you are studying full or part-time.
Discover more about City College and the courses we offer, meet our expert teaching staff, and find out about our financial and student support at one of our open events.
- Thursday 12th March 2020, 5:30pm – 7pm
- Saturday 13th June 2020, 9:30am – 12:30pm
Higher Education courses
Access to Higher Education
- Access to Higher Education (Nursing & Healthcare Professions)
- Access to Higher Education (Social Science & Humanities)
- Access to Higher Education (Social Sciences)
- Access to Higher Education (Teacher Education)
Art, Design & Photography
Childcare & Early Years
Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma of Higher Education in Person-Centred Counselling
- BA (Hons) in Person-Centred Counselling (Year 3 entry)
Teacher Education & Training
Click on your chosen course above for further information and to apply online.
Quality, Access and Participation
Higher Education courses at City College Southampton meet the standards of the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)
Access and Participation Statement
City College Southampton is committed to widening participation in higher education amongst all under-represented groups. Our mission is to provide excellent career focused learning which prepares our students to succeed at work and in life.
View our full statement
Student Protection Plan
City College Southampton is committed to ensuring that students achieve the best academic outcomes from their studies. Events may occasionally occur which mean that unforeseen changes have to be made to units, modules and courses.
Student Transfer Arrangements
Events may occasionally occur which mean that students wish to transfer courses either to City College Southampton or from the College to another provider. The attached document sets out the College’s arrangements to support students in doing this.