You don't need to go to university to go higher
University level courses
Studying a university level course at City College Southampton can provide you with an alternative of studying at a university with lower costs and smaller class sizes. They can help you to make a career change or perhaps progress in your current career.
You will benefit from:
- Industry experienced tutors
- Small class sizes
- Qualifications valued highly by employers
- Modern campus with real-life working environments
- Advanced industry-standard equipment
- Excellent student support
- Cheaper fees than university
Our Higher Education courses are career focused giving you excellent practical skills and relevant industry knowledge to enable you to move seamlessly into work or further studies.
Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial assistance to support you during your course at College, whether you are studying full or part-time.
Higher Education courses
Access to Higher Education
- Access to Higher Education (Nursing & Healthcare Professions)
- Access to Higher Education (Social Sciences)
- Access to Higher Education (Teacher Education)
Art, Design & Photography
Childcare & Early Years
Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma of Higher Education in Person-Centred Counselling
- BA (Hons) in Person-Centred Counselling (Year 3 entry)
Teacher Education & Training
Click on your chosen course above for further information and to apply online.
Quality, Access and Participation
Higher Education courses at City College Southampton meet the standards of the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)
Access and Participation Statement
City College Southampton is committed to widening participation in higher education amongst all under-represented groups. Our mission is to provide excellent career focused learning which prepares our students to succeed at work and in life.
Download our full statement
Student Protection Plan
City College Southampton is committed to ensuring that students achieve the best academic outcomes from their studies. Events may occasionally occur which mean that unforeseen changes have to be made to units, modules and courses.