Service Technician/Engineer Apprentice-Safety Monitors Ltd
Durley • Closing Date: 03/07/2018
Service Technician/Engineer Apprentice
£5.00 per hour is offered initially, subject to at least annual performance review.
Service and calibration of electronic instruments for personal safety and environmental monitoring. These will include gas detection monitors and noise and vibration measurement equipment.
Full training in the specific operations of the company will be provided internally where possible but attendance at external courses may be required to attain full manufacturer accreditation by our suppliers.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
The candidate will report directly to the Service Manager and will learn and perform:
- Calibration of personal gas monitors.
- Calibration of site gas detectors.
- Service and repair of the above.
- Receipt and despatch of customer equipment as above.
- Receipt, inspection, pre-sales setup and despatch of new sales equipment.
- Maintenance of the company’s own hire and demo stock of the above.
- Comprehensive stock and service tracc
- Currently the company has a small presence with similar activity in relation to noise and vibration monitoring equipment. Plans are in place to significantly and rapidly expand this area of the business in the very near future.
- Interest in service and maintenance of electronic instruments.
- Capable of handling small and delicate internal components of electronic instruments.
- Competent with use of basic small hand tools.
- Good basic PC skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Friendly and communicative towards our customers and suppliers.
GCSE Maths, ICT & English Grades A-C (or equivalent). Some commercial work experience will be an advantage