Payne and Sons-Painting and Decorating Apprentice
New Milton • Closing Date: 01/03/2019
Apprentice Painter and Decorator
£3.90 per hour.
8.00am – 4.30pm (30 mins unpaid lunch break).
Total – 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Occasional weekend and/or out of hours work may be required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the relevant site supervisor prior to the start of a job to be allocated tasks.
- Work out the quantity of materials required by measuring surface area and/or taking verbal or written instructions from your supervisor.
- Minimise dust and paint contamination of fixtures/fittings, carpets, furniture and personal effects by removing these from the work area or covering in location.
- On completion of works, clean and reinstate area as required.
- Prepare surfaces with primer and undercoat, as instructed.
- Strip off old wallpaper.
- Fill holes and cracks and level surfaces, prior to applying relevant finish.
- Mix paint to the right shade, as instructed
- Apply layers of paint to achieve a high standard of finish.
- Hang wallpaper to achieve a high standard of finish.
- Clean and maintain all equipment regularly.
- Embrace all health and safety legislation and requirements, working within the guidelines set out by risk assessment and COSHH regulations.
- Any other duties that the relevant supervisor sees fit, providing they are relevant to the post.
- Good at working independently and also in a team
- Has a genuine interest in Painting and Decorating
A* to C in English and Maths