Bench Joiner - CDS Group Services
Romsey, Southampton • Closing Date: 02/01/2018
Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Bench Joinery
£4.50 per hour
As an apprentice bench joiner within CDS Manufacturing you will be involved in solid wood and panel product machining, assembling and finishing of cabinetry and display fixtures.
Job Role & Responsibilities
This role will require you to read CAD drawings, cut parts to the cutting list within, mould and assemble parts in accordance with the drawing detail. You will be trained on all machinery within the joinery section. You will be accountable for ensuring all products are finished to a high standard and in line with the customers’ expectations. You will endeavour to carry out all functions within the estimated process times set and will be required to adhere to the Health and Safety guidelines and procedures set by the company.
- Eye for quality and detail
- Able to work at pace
- Skilled with using tools and has good manual dexterity
- Must have a passion for working with wood
- Be willing to learn and keen to progress into a long term career in bench joinery / manufacturing
- Happy to work in a factory type environment
5 GCSEs grade D/3 or above (if you do not have maths or English you will complete functional skills as part of your apprenticeship)