Apprentice Kitchen assistant-Board in the City CIC
Southampton • Closing Date: 13/07/2018
Apprentice Kitchen assistant.
£3.70 per hour.
- To support company procedures, observing and adhering to all company practices and procedures as set out in the Company Handbook
- To deal with day to day issues in respect of kitchen staff with support from Directors as required.
- To contribute to the smooth running of the Board in the City Café.
- To ensure all food, labour and material budgets operate at recognised margins within the food industry.
- To attend training, staff meetings as directed by the directors and cascade information to kitchen staff.
- To attend for duty promptly.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- To ensure the cafe kitchen and cafe area is set up to required standards at all times, with Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Legislation adhered to.
- Be involved and support material and procedural changes in areas of responsibility.
- To ensure the areas of responsibility provide a friendly, informative and efficient service to all customers and ensuring their needs are met at all times.
- To competently work various drinks dispensing equipment as trained, instruct others and be able to contact the relevant maintenance companies.
- To ensure stock rotation and that deliveries are checked for quantity and quality.
- To ensure all cleaning schedules, food temperature and fridge temperature records are current and contain information required by food safety regulations with any testing carried out as instructed. All kitchen equipment to be properly maintained and used safely, ensuring the competency of others.
- To maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, being responsible for the routine cleaning of all areas of Board in the City Cafe.
- To ensure correct uniform is worn by staff, and they present clean and tidy, working in a hygienic manner, non-compliance of correct uniform may result as invalidation of insurance.
- To learn and play games with customers when circumstances allow.
- To be flexible to take on activities outside the kitchen to best suit Board in the City such as community events as required by the Directors.
- You will be required to carry out any reasonable additional or alternative duties, within your capabilities, should the needs of the business require.
Excellent time keeping, confident communication, basic level of kitchen competency, flexibility. Also, the personal qualities we are looking for is a Great sense of humour, able to receive feedback as a positive, can work well under pressure, can use initiative to get on with all aspects of the role.