Apprentice HGV Technician- Solent Stevedores Ltd
Millbrook • Closing Date: 18/06/2019
Apprentice HGV Technician-Solent Stevedores Ltd
£3.90 per hour. Reviews are undertaken by the company, subject to knowledge and experience.
Monday – Friday 07.00am – 4.00pm.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist with ensuring that all of the site operations are carried out in accordance with the requirements of all statutory legislation, dock regulations, and Company operational and Health & Safety policies.
- Promote a positive safety culture throughout the team and promptly report & investigate any accidents or incidents.
- Support the Maintenance Manager/Supervisor in ensuring all maintenance duties are undertaken and completed in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner
- Assist in ensuring the maintenance workshop and all equipment and machinery is kept clean and in good working order
- Complete equipment and machinery checklist on a regular basis and return to maintenance supervisor.
- Ensure all breakdowns and repairs to equipment and machinery are carried out in efficient manner
- Assist with maintenance weekend cover and call out cover as and when required.
Any other duties as required from time to time by the Company.
- Self-motivated, flexible approach to work; disciplined, organised and have a can-do attitude
- Health & safety awareness.
- The ability to use initiative, and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- You must enjoy working in as part of a team.
- You must be punctual, reliable and have a friendly, positive outlook.
A* to C In English and Maths GCSE. We will also accept a L1+ in Functional Skills.