Bench Joiner / Cabinet Maker - Midas Marine & Joinery
Swanwick, Southampton • Closing Date: 15/12/2017
Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Bench Joinery/Cabinet Making
£7.50 per hour
Midas Marine & Joinery are looking for an enthusiastic person to join their team as an apprentice joiner who would be taught in all aspects of bench joinery.
Job Role & Responsibilities
This varied role with involve working with different materials and manufacturing high quality joinery units, both bespoke and modular. Tasks will include setting out, producing cutting lists, use of all workshop machinery, laminating, ABS Edging, working with veneers and solid surfaces. Being part of a team, you would be involved in problem solving discussions.
- To have a basic knowledge in the use of woodworking tools and woodworking machinery
- To be good at basic mathematical calculations
- Previous workshop experience would be beneficial
- Eagerness to learn
- Good time keeping
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Able to maintain quality standards and have pride in your work
- Able to work within time restraints and to deadlines
5 GCSEs grade D/3 or above (if you do not have maths or English you will complete functional skills as part of your apprenticeship)