Funding initiatives to help employers train and upskill employees
As a Further Education College we have access to many funding initiatives that are available to support employers with developing and upskilling their staff. We will give you full advice regarding any funding that you may be eligible for to support your workforce development.
Fully Funded Courses
If your company is a small or medium enterprise (SME), the College has access to funding to provide specific training to upskill your workforce. An initiative co-funded by the European Social Fund and the Education and Skills Funding Agency is now available to SMEs across the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership area. This valuable service offers your business a free training need analysis together with free intermediate, technical and higher level skills training for your employees.
Examples of some of the training we have already successfully delivered are:
- Coaching and Mentoring (CMI) - Level 3
- Computer Aided Design - Level 3
- Electrical Installations for the 17th Edition - Level 3
- English - Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) - Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2
- Hospitality Supervision and Leadership - Level 3
- Leadership & Management - Level 3
- Leadership & Management - Level 4
- Maths - Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2
- Retail - Level 1
- Warehousing and distribution - Level 1
- Work Skills - Level 1
Our bespoke training can be a tailored version of our existing courses or a new or bespoke training programme. If you have a training need for your business, please contact us and we can assess your requirements to tailor the training to meet your needs.
Free English and maths skills
English and maths are some of the most overlooked skills shortages within industry and staff can be held back by not having the basics. Help improve your employees’ English and maths skills with our FREE basic skills courses.
19+ advanced learning loan
If you have a member of staff who is aged 19 or over and wanting to start a further education course at level 3 or above, they may well qualify for a 19+ advanced learning loan.