Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
Qualification: NCFE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
If you who wish to understand the approaches to care and support of those with mental health problems then this distance learning course is for you. It aims to raise awareness of the role of the mental health worker and the process and approaches involved in the care and support of those who experience mental ill health.
This is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £16,009.50 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
- Understand the role of the mental health worker
- Mental health and mental health issues
- Understand duty of care in adult health and social care
- Approaches to care and management in mental health
- Understanding change and support in relation to mental health
This is a distance learning course - you will be provided with course handbooks to complete at enrolment. You will have the opportunity to have 1:1 support with the tutor, which could be in your workplace.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- If you're aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full level 2 qualification
- Be self-motivated
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £30*
- Course Length: N/A
- Campus: Distance Learning