Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
Qualification: CACHE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
This distance learning course aims to:
- Provide you with an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur
- Develop your awareness of how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes
- Develop your understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care
- Develop your understanding of ongoing care and treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels
This is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £16,009.50 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
- Understand diabetes
- Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes
- Understand the initial care of diabetes
- Understand the treatment and management of diabetes
This is a distance learning course - you will be provided with course handbooks to complete at enrolment. You will have the opportunity to have 1:1 support with the tutor, which could be in your workplace.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- If you're aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full level 2 qualification
- Be self-motivated
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £30*
- Course Length: N/A
- Campus: Distance Learning