Understanding Retail Operations
Qualification: NCFE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
This retail qualification provides you with a thorough understanding of retail operations, enabling you to progress or pursue a career in the sector. You will gain a wide range of knowledge such as effective customer service, teamwork and understand the key aspects of what to expect when working in the retail sector.
This is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £15,736.50 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
Understanding customer service in the retail sector
Understand how effective customer service is to a retail business, whilst looking into customer needs, customer service procedures and dealing with customer complaints.
Understanding the retail selling process
Explore the benefits of product knowledge and using questions to identify customer needs. Learn about selling models and how sales are closed.
Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
Cover various aspects involved in the effectiveness of a retail business. This includes understanding employment rights and responsibilities, the importance of effective team work and communications skills.
Understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises
This focuses on health and safety in a retail environment, which will cover understanding what actions to take in an emergency and what is general safe working practice.
Understanding retail consumer law
Examine consumer legislation, which will include protection against unfair trading practices and the consequences for businesses and employees of contravening retail law.
Understand how to deal with customer queries and complaints in a retail environment
understand how to resolve queries and complaints in a retail environment and how this could contribute to customer confidence.
This is a distance learning course - you will be provided with course handbooks to complete at enrolment. You will have the opportunity to have 1:1 support with the tutor, which could be in your workplace.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
Course length & fees
- Fees: £30 (no fee if unemployed or on a low wage*)
- Course Length: N/A
- Campus: Distance Learning
- Level 2 - Autism
- Level 2 - Behaviour that Challenges
- Level 2 - Business Admin
- Level 2 - Care Planning
- Level 2 - Children & Young People’s Mental Health
- Level 2 - Customer Service
- Level 2 - Dementia Care
- Level 2 - Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health & Social Care
- Level 2 - End of Life Care
- Level 2 - Falls Prevention
- Level 2 - Information Advice & Guidance
- Level 2 - Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 - Nutrition & Health
- Level 2 - Prevention & Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Level 2 - Safeguarding & Prevent
- Level 2 - Team Leading
- Level 2 - Working with People with Mental Health Needs