Qualification: NCFE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
This retail qualification provides you with a thorough understanding of retail operations, enabling you to progress or pursue a career in the sector. You will gain a wide range of knowledge such as effective customer service, teamwork and understand the key aspects of what to expect when working in the retail sector.
This is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... this course is fully funded so you won't have to pay for the course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
Your course will include the following units:
Understanding customer service in the retail sector
Understand how effective customer service is to a retail business, whilst looking into customer needs, customer service procedures and dealing with customer complaints.
Understanding the retail selling process
Explore the benefits of product knowledge and using questions to identify customer needs. Learn about selling models and how sales are closed.
Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
Cover various aspects involved in the effectiveness of a retail business. This includes understanding employment rights and responsibilities, the importance of effective team work and communications skills.
Understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises
This focuses on health and safety in a retail environment, which will cover understanding what actions to take in an emergency and what is general safe working practice.
Understanding retail consumer law
Examine consumer legislation, which will include protection against unfair trading practices and the consequences for businesses and employees of contravening retail law.
Understand how to deal with customer queries and complaints in a retail environment
understand how to resolve queries and complaints in a retail environment and how this could contribute to customer confidence.
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also have the opportunity to receive 1:1 online support with our qualified tutor.
Assessments are carried out for each unit and your tutor will provide you with feedback for each assessment.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- If you're aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full level 2 qualification
- Be self-motivated
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
- Have access to a computer/laptop/iPad/tablet facility to use the online platform
- Have access to emails to create and verify your account
- Be able to submit proof of ID
When you apply for this course you will be emailed a series of questions. You will need to return your answers within 2 weeks for assessment prior to your interview and course enrolment. Feedback will be given if you are not suitable for this course.
Please note on successful application you will be given access to the online course materials on either the 1st or 15th of the month, dependening on the date you verify your enrolment.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £0*
- Course Length: Up to 3 months
- Campus: Distance Learning
You can go on to learn more from our other distance learning courses once you have completed your current one. Explore all our distance learning courses by clicking here.
What happens next?
- On successful completion of your initial assessment, we will contact you to start your enrolment
- We will process your application for funding and send you confirmation of enrolment once complete
- Submit your proof of ID and verify your enrolment easily online
- You will be given access to the online course materials on either the 1st or 15th of the month (dependent on the date you verify your enrolment)
- A qualified Assessor will contact you to welcome you to your course and will be available to support you throughout your online distance learning programme
- Assessments are carried out per unit and your assessor will provide you with feedback for each assessment
- Once all units are complete, passed, and verified we will apply for your certificate from the Awarding Organisation, and post out to you