Nutrition & Health
Qualification: NCFE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
This distance learning level 2 nutrition and health qualification will provide you with a solid understanding of nutrition and healthy eating, enabling you to progress or pursue further qualifications or employment within healthcare, sport and recreation, exercise and fitness, or hospitality and catering.
It is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... this course is fully funded so you won't have to pay for the course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
Your course will include the following units:
Explore the principles of healthy eating
Learn about diet and health including the components of a healthy diet. Explore different nutrients and their role in maintaining health, lifestyle diseases which are associated with an unhealthy diet, and healthy food preparation.
Consider the nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
Explore the nutritional needs of children, young people and older people. Understand special dietary requirements and the barriers to healthy eating.
Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
Understand about food labelling and food additives. Be able to apply the principles of healthy eating.
The principles of weight management
Know the risks associated with ineffective weight management. Discover effective methods of weight management and how body image may influence weight management. Be able to plan a short-term weight management programme for an individual.
Understanding eating disorders
Understand the term ‘eating disorder’ and the possible causes. Explore how an eating disorder may affect the individual and others around them, and how a specific eating disorder can be managed.
Principles of food safety for the home environment
Learn the importance of handling food safely, how to store food safely and how storage can affect the nutritional values of food. Learn how to keep food work area clean, how to check food is cooked to the correct temperature and how to safely dispose of food waste.
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also have the opportunity to receive 1:1 online support with our qualified tutor.
Assessments are carried out for each unit and your tutor will provide you with feedback for each assessment.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- If you're aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full level 2 qualification
- Be self-motivated
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
- Have access to a computer/laptop/iPad/tablet facility to use the online platform
- Have access to emails to create and verify your account
- Be able to submit proof of ID
When you apply for this course you will be emailed a series of questions. You will need to return your answers within 2 weeks for assessment prior to your interview and course enrolment. Feedback will be given if you are not suitable for this course.
Please note on successful application you will be given access to the online course materials on either the 1st or 15th of the month, dependening on the date you verify your enrolment.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £0*
- Course Length: Up to 3 months
- Campus: Distance Learning
You can go on to learn more from our other distance learning courses once you have completed your current one. Explore all our distance learning courses by clicking here.
What happens next?
- On successful completion of your initial assessment, we will contact you to start your enrolment
- We will process your application for funding and send you confirmation of enrolment once complete
- Submit your proof of ID and verify your enrolment easily online
- You will be given access to the online course materials on either the 1st or 15th of the month (dependent on the date you verify your enrolment)
- A qualified Assessor will contact you to welcome you to your course and will be available to support you throughout your online distance learning programme
- Assessments are carried out per unit and your assessor will provide you with feedback for each assessment
- Once all units are complete, passed, and verified we will apply for your certificate from the Awarding Organisation, and post out to you