Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health & Social Care
Qualification: NCFE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
This distance learning course will increase your knowledge and understanding of the key principles of dignity, duty of care and safeguarding as applied to adult health and social care. It’s ideal if you are working with, or intending to work with, vulnerable adults in the health and social care sectors.
You will investigate the principles and how they are applied in everyday work contexts. You will also have an opportunity to examine the dilemmas that can arise and the consequences when these principles are not upheld.
This is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £16,009.50 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
- Understand safeguarding in adult health and social care
- Principles of dignity in adult health and social care practice
- Understand duty of care in adult health and social care
- Understand dilemmas and public concerns in adult health and social care
This is a distance learning course - you will be provided with course handbooks to complete at enrolment. You will have the opportunity to have 1:1 support with the tutor, which could be in your workplace.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- If you're aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full level 2 qualification
- Be self-motivated
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £30*
- Course Length: N/A
- Campus: Distance Learning