Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
Qualification: NCFE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
This level 2 distance learning qualification in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses aims to increase your knowledge and understanding of common childhood illnesses to enable you to support the development and well-being of infants and children you support and care for.
It is aimed at those working with children in an early years setting to further increase their knowledge and update skills. You will relate answers back to your workplace.
It is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £15,736.50 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
- Minimising infection
- Policies and processes to maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Recognising when a child is unwell
- Accidents which may occur
- Serious illnesses
- Management of acute health conditions in early years settings
- Allergies and food intolerances
This is a distance learning course - you will be provided with course handbooks to complete at enrolment. You will have the opportunity to have 1:1 support with the tutor, which could be in your workplace.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £30* (no fee if unemployed)
- Course Length: N/A
- Campus: Distance Learning