Qualification: City & Guilds Certificate
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
This part-time course (approx. 4 – 5 hours per week) provides an excellent introduction to the travel industry and will give you a basic grounding of knowledge specifically for working in the travel industry. It is ideal for adults wanting to change to a career in the travel industry or for students who have already achieved a Level 1 tourism qualification and wish to gain a Level 2 to develop their knowledge and skills.
This qualification is ideal if you are looking to work in the tourism industry, for example travel agencies, tour operators, tour-guiding or tourist information offices.
What you will learn
This course covers 4 core units:
- Worldwide Travel
- UK Travel
- Customer Service
- Travel and Tourism Support Services (understanding passport and visa requirements for overseas journeys, how to provide health information for overseas tourist destinations, how to provide Foreign and Commonwealth Office safety and security information and how to provide foreign exchange and information on travel insurance)
Assessment criteria are matched to a series of assignments issued throughout the year.
These include and encourage the opportunity for higher grade achievement. There will also be online tests for Worldwide and UK Travel.
- City & Guilds Level 1 Introductory Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- GCSE grades A*-D in English and maths (or functional skills in English and maths at Level 1)
- Adult learners who have not been in education recently can gain entry via interview and demonstration of relevant work experience and or equivalent qualifications.
- Individual cases where the minimum grade is not achieved may still gain access via an entry interview and skills test.
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
You can progress on to other travel related courses here at City College either part or full time. This qualification is also recognised by the travel industry and can help towards gaining employment in the cruise industry, travel agencies and tourist information centres.