About the course
If you want a career in theatre and have a passion for make-up this course could be for you. This exciting career-led course covers the requirements for the application of specialised make-up and synthetic hair for theatrical and media purposes. It is a highly practical course with a high level of theory work as well.
You will put the workshop skills you learn into practice and document your progress in sketch books to document evidence in order to complete the units on this course.
You will also learn about production arts, performing arts business and production arts planning. You will work on two performances so work experience is a vital part of the course.
What you will learn
- Design and application of face and body art
- Fashion, photographic, TV and film make-up
- Character make-up and special effects
- Apply prosthetic pieces and bald caps
- Apply individual lashes and hair extensions
- Creative hairdressing
- Style and fit wigs and postiche
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 (including English), or
- Level 2 in Art and Design, Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy (with Level 2 English)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Second year of study with Level 3 Extended Diploma in Theatrical Hair and Media Make-Up
- Foundation in Art and Design
- HNC in Art and Design
- Degree at university
- Employment in hair and make-up industry
- Work as a freelance make-up artist
Due to health and safety regulations all students are required to purchase and wear in all practical sessions a full uniform which consists of tunic, trousers and closed toed shoes. These are purchased through the College suppliers to ensure a high standard of presentation in our Kudos Hair and Beauty salons.