About the course
This supported internship enables young people with an EHC plan to combine a work placement with a work skills programme at college along with working on Maths and English skills.
Our personalised supported internship is aimed at young people aged 16 to 24 who have a or an EHC plan and who want to move into employment and need extra support to do so.
It is not so much a college course as an employment programme designed to get young people into work. This internship programme will give them the skills needed for work, through learning in the workplace. The programme is designed to assist disabled young people to achieve sustainable paid employment by giving them the skills they need for employment through learning in the workplace.
To apply download our application form below
What you will learn
- Developing skills valued by employers
- Improving work skills through a work placement
- Developing confidence at work
- Building up experience for a CV
- Completing a range of work ready qualifications
- Getting personalised support from a Tutor and work coach while you learn
- Improving English and maths skills
Anyone aged 16-24 with an Education, Health and Care plan who wants to build confidence in entering a workplace can do a supported internship.
Will I get paid?
Supported internships are unpaid, but equip you with the skills that employers need in order for you to move on to paid employment.