About the course
This qualification is for those who are aspiring to work in a school support role. The course will also support learners who speak English as a second language to improve their English written and communication skills.
The Level 2 CACHE Award in Support Work in Schools & Colleges is an introduction to the information and knowledge needed to work in a school environment: primary, secondary or special schools. It covers the many varied roles that full and part-time support staff may fulﬁl including administrative roles, site support roles, technical roles and volunteers, as well as those roles that work directly with children and young people in the school environment.
* If you're unemployed, or on a low wage, then you might be eligible for full funding on this course. Please contact us for details on 023 8048 4848.
What you will learn
The units cover:
- Understand schools and colleges as organisations
- Understand children and young people's development
- Understand communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Understand children and young people's health and safety
- Safeguarding children and young people
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
A variety of learning styles including online tasks, discussions, group working and debates.
Access to online resources and our on campus learning centre as well as PC and laptop's for assisting with your research.
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods, which could include written assignments, or tasks such as designing a leaflet or booklet, charts or diagrams. You will also be asked to contribute to class discussions.
- You need to be aged 16 and over
- You need to have a minimum of Level 1 Literacy and be working towards Level 2 Literacy (English) and Numeracy (maths) or an equivalent qualification
- If English is not your first language and you have taken qualifications outside of the UK, you will need to have the equivalence checked by NARIC prior to your interview. An excellent command of English (IELTS 6.5) is required
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|19/09/18||09.30 – 12.30 (Wednesday)||16 weeks||Main site||£600|
This Award shares four mandatory units with the Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. This enables credits and learning to be transferred from this qualification to the Level 2 Certificate, providing a direct progression route.