About the course
This career-led course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to progress on to becoming a skilled carpenter. You will learn, develop and practise the skills required for working in site carpentry.
What you will learn
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out first fix frames, partitions and stairs
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out carpentry maintenance
- Set up and operate a circular saw
Our construction workshops provide a fantastic learning environment with industry standard equipment.
- GCSE grades A*-D/9-3 (including English and maths), or
- Level 1 in Carpentry or Construction Skills
- Practical qualifications may also be considered as an alternative entry depending on grade achieved
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery
- BTEC in Construction Management
- Employment with construction companies (private and public sector)