About the course
This is a short part time course to learn and develop industry skills in the art of self tanning.
The Level 3 Award in self tanning techniques programme covers Anatomy & Physiology to develop and provide an in-depth understanding of the human body.
What you will learn
You will learn about the particular skills involved in spray and lotion tanning techniques and health, safety and hygiene procedures.
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Prepare skin for spray or lotion tan
- Provide spray or lotion treatment
Training at City College will give you a huge advantage as you will learn in our purpose built hair and beauty salon, Kudos. You will learn with industry standard equipment working under supervision with real, paying clients to give you a wealth of experience.
As part of your programme you will be required to complete essential homework for tasks.
- Ideally all applicants require a good level of English, maths and science or the equivalent and/or successful completion of a Level 1 Beauty course with a satisfactory reference and skills assessment
- Students are required to have a good standard of physical health as beauty is often physically demanding, and this type of work may affect certain skin conditions
- You will be required to attend a short interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
- This course is designed for over 19’s
- Students from the EU will require a good standard of spoken English so they can hold a conversation with our wide client base as well as a Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification or an equivalent qualification in a Beauty related subject. This is necessary as you will need to produce an assignment and take a written question papers to complete the course
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|28/02/18||17.30 - 20.30 (Wednesday)||10 weeks||Main||£180|
You may continue to develop your skills and complete any of the other beauty awards that are offered by City College.
This will enable you to create your own massage business, work in a salon or a spa.
To participate in this course you will be required to wear a beauty uniform and have the relevant kit. You will be provided with order forms for these items and you will be required to order them before the start of the course. We will also recommend subject text books.
The beauty industry is a professional career; therefore we have certain rules and regulations within the Beauty salons that you must adhere to. You will not be accepted in the beauty salon without the following:
- Full beauty kit
- A clean and well pressed uniform
- Clean shoes
- Day make-up
- Clean tidy hairstyle - hair should be tied back
- No jewellery except a wedding band
- Short nails which are unvarnished
- No nail extensions - no overlays
- Facial piercings are to be removed