Refresher course for Hairdressers (Colouring)
Qualification: College Certificate
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About this course
This short, part-time course is ideal if you want to refresh or update your knowledge and skills in colouring hair. It is the perfect building block to becoming a skilled and competent colourist.
Content of the refresher course may vary, depending on the level of your previous experience and confidence. An initial assessment will be carried out to determine your individual training requirements.
What you will learn
This inspiring introduction to the world of colour looks at identifying your client’s colour potential, and selecting the right shade to give them the perfect colour result. The course will cover the following elements:
- Consultation and after care advice
- Health and safety
- Basic colour correction techniques
- Foiling weaving and slicing techniques
- Full head and re-growth colouring
- Fashion techniques
This knowledge teamed with an insight into the Matrix colour range will add skills and earning potential.
Training at City College will give you a huge advantage as you will learn in our purpose built hair salons, Kudos. You will learn with industry standard equipment working under supervision with real, paying clients to give you a wealth of experience.
- NVQ Level 1 or 2 in Hairdressing, or
- 3 years’ experience in colouring techniques i.e. foiling, weaving colour application
- Good standard of English - students with English as a second language are required to have ESOL Level 1
- A good standard of physical health is required as hairdressing is often physically demanding and is not suitable for some skin conditions
You will be required to attend a short interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
- Level 3 Hairdressing
- Work in a commercial salon
- Work on a cruise ship
- Mobile hairdresser
You will require a hairdressing kit for the practical assessments and due to health and safety regulations you will be required to wear a uniform of a black top, black trousers and black closed in toed shoes. The information on where to buy kit will be given at interview.
You will also be required to find models for your practical assessments, who will be expected to contribute to the cost of consumables.