About this course
The UAL Level 4 Professional Diploma in Performance will provide you with the opportunity to develop and enhance your performance skill levels in readiness for industry or higher-level training.
Our goal is to develop your core skills in Performance in preparation for auditioning or applying for stage school. You will discover how to develop your technical skills and how to apply them in auditions for a wide range of schools that deliver professional courses in Acting, Movement or Production.
This course is designed to allow you to specialize in your chosen discipline and progress to professional training. It is tailored to meet the needs of students from age 18+ who have the capability to pursue degree-level training in performance but need to develop their skills before securing a place on a degree-level training programme. Entry is selective, based on the completion of a successful audition process.
Practical workshops will help enhance your performance skills. You will look at different performance techniques to understand and develop the skills needed to create truthful and meaningful productions. You will work as a theatre company and create performances and study the business of performance to help prepare you to be industry-ready.
* If you're aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
What you will learn
The UAL Level 4 Professional Diploma in Performance is made up of three mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Applied Professional Practice
- Unit 2: Specialist Performance Practice
- Unit 3: Specialist Performance Project
To be awarded the UAL Level 4 Professional Diploma in Performance, students must achieve a minimum grade of a Pass.
- Professional theatre with the latest equipment
- Rehearsal & dance studios
- Recording studio
- Set & prop construction workshop
- Fully equipped sound & lighting studio
- Links with local theatres & entertainment businesses
This qualification is 100% coursework/practical and is assessed through:
- Two internally assessed and verified units (Unit 1 & 2), which are subject to quality assurance by UAL Awarding Body
- One internally assessed and verified unit (Unit 3) which is marked by the College and externally moderated by UAL Awarding Body
- Level 3 qualification (such as an Extended Diploma or A-Level) in a relevant creative subject e.g. Performing Arts, Production Arts, Art & Design
- GCSE English grade 9-4/A*-C
- International students are expected to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English with a recommended minimum IELTS (or equivalent) score of 5.0
- All applicants are required to attend an interview/audition at the College prior to enrolling onto this course
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|02/09/19||1 year||Main campus||£4,675* (eligible for 19+ Advanced Learner Loan)|
Successful completion of this course will provide you with the professional experience and skills required to audition for top Drama Schools and Universities or to enter the industry directly.
Typical progression – Performer, Actor, Dancer, Director, Producer, Assistant Stage Manager, Senior Technician, Project Manager, Event Manager, Production Manager, Automation, Service Engineer, Sales and Hire Account Handler