Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking)
Qualification: City & Guilds Diploma
About the course
Learn the skills to cook in the catering and food industry as a professional Chef. You will learn in our industry-standard training kitchens which serves Aspire restaurant, giving you the essential work experience that employers look for when recruiting.
What you will learn
- Advanced professional cookery skills
- Preparation and cooking of meat, fish and poultry
- Complex hot and cold sauces and soups
- Preparation of vegetable dishes including vegetarian and vegan
- Fermented dough products
- Hot and cold dessert products
- Develop complex dishes for Aspire Restaurant
- Supervision of staff in the training restaurant kitchen
- Problem solving and team work
- Food safety
- Health and safety
Our modern commercial kitchens and commercial fine dining restaurant (Aspire) will provide you with the perfect place to learn your trade in this industry. Gain valuable experience of working in the restaurant and at catering events that will build your CV and enhance your employability.
- Level 2 in Hospitality & Catering (including Level 2 functional skills), or
- Relevant industry skills and experience
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Career opportunities include chefs and chefs de partie in hotels, large restaurant chains or on cruise ships, cooks in hospital or schools
- University / Higher Education