This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
Learn the skills to cook in the catering and food industry as a professional Chef. You will learn in our industry-standard training kitchens which serve our fine dining Aspire restaurant. This will provide you with the essential experience that employers look for when recruiting in the industry.
What you will learn
- Advanced professional cookery skills
- Preparation and cooking of meat, fish and poultry
- Complex hot and cold sauces and soups
- Preparation of vegetable dishes including vegetarian and vegan
- Fermented dough products
- Hot and cold dessert products
- Develop complex dishes for Aspire Restaurant
- Supervision of staff in the training restaurant kitchen
- Problem solving and team work
- Food safety
- Health and safety
Our modern commercial kitchens and commercial fine dining restaurant (Aspire) will provide you with the perfect place to learn your trade in this industry. Gain valuable experience of working in the restaurant and at catering events that will build your CV and enhance your employability.
- Level 2 in Hospitality & Catering (including Level 2 functional skills or GCSE English and maths grade A*-C/9-4), OR
- Relevant industry skills and experience
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
- Career opportunities include chefs and chefs de partie in hotels, large restaurant chains and cruise ships
- Cooks in hospital or schools
- Degree at university
Trips, visits & activities
- Guest speakers
- Entry to industry competitions
- Industry week activities
- Work experience
At City College
Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery
Chef at Keats Restaurant, Romsey