Principles of End of Life Care
Qualification: CACHE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
If you wish to gain an understanding of end of life care, to enter or progress your job role within health and social care, then this distance learning course is for you.
The course will develop your knowledge of how to work in end of life care, understand the support needed to manage pain and discomfort, how dementia impacts on end of life care, the role of the care worker in time of death, and the loss and grief process.
This is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £16,009.50 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
- Understand how to work in end of life care
- Care planning in end of life care
- Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- End of life care and dementia
- Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
- Understand loss and grief in end of life care
This is a distance learning course - you will be provided with course handbooks to complete at enrolment. You will have the opportunity to have 1:1 support with the tutor, which could be in your workplace.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- If you're aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full level 2 qualification
- Be self-motivated
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £30*
- Course Length: N/A
- Campus: Distance Learning