Principles of Dementia Care
Qualification: NCFE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
This Principles of Dementia Care qualification aims to assist you to develop your knowledge and understanding of the principles of caring for those with dementia. It covers areas such as person-centred care, the influence of positive communication methods, issues around the use of medication for those with dementia and the importance of providing appropriate activities.
This is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £16,009.50 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
- Dementia awareness
- The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understanding the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Understanding equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person centred approach
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
This is a distance learning course - you will be provided with course handbooks to complete at enrolment. You will have the opportunity to have 1:1 support with the tutor, which could be in your workplace.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- If you're aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full level 2 qualification
- Be self-motivated
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £30*
- Course Length: N/A
- Campus: Distance Learning