Principles of Care Planning
Qualification: CACHE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
This distance learning course will help you to prepare to enter or progress within employment in a variety of sectors and job roles where an understanding of care planning is required.
It will help you to understand your role in supporting the preferences and needs of individuals in relation to their care or support, the development and implementation of care plans and contributing to the review of these by observing, monitoring and reporting on the care activities you are responsible for.
This is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £15,736.50 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
• Understanding person-centred thinking and planning
• Care planning for the care worker
• Understanding nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings
• Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
• Understanding continence care
• Principles of supporting sleep
This is a distance learning course - you will be provided with course handbooks to complete at enrolment. You will have the opportunity to have 1:1 support with the tutor, which could be in your workplace.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £30 (no fee if on a low wage* or unemployed and on a job-related benefit)
- Course Length: N/A
- Campus: Distance Learning
- Level 2 - Autism
- Level 2 - Behaviour that Challenges
- Level 2 - Business Admin
- Level 2 - Children & Young People’s Mental Health
- Level 2 - Customer Service
- Level 2 - Dementia Care
- Level 2 - Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health & Social Care
- Level 2 - End of Life Care
- Level 2 - Falls Prevention
- Level 2 - Information Advice & Guidance
- Level 2 - Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 - Nutrition & Health
- Level 2 - Prevention & Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Level 2 - Retail Operations
- Level 2 - Safeguarding & Prevent
- Level 2 - Team Leading
- Level 2 - Working with People with Mental Health Needs