Qualification: CACHE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
This distance learning course will help you to prepare to enter or progress within employment in a variety of sectors and job roles where an understanding of care planning is required.
It will help you to understand your role in supporting the preferences and needs of individuals in relation to their care or support, the development and implementation of care plans and contributing to the review of these by observing, monitoring and reporting on the care activities you are responsible for.
This is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... this course is fully funded so you won't have to pay for the course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
Your course will include the following units:
• Understanding person-centred thinking and planning
• Care planning for the care worker
• Understanding nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings
• Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
• Understanding continence care
• Principles of supporting sleep
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also have the opportunity to receive 1:1 online support with our qualified tutor.
Assessments are carried out for each unit and your tutor will provide you with feedback for each assessment.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- If you're aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full level 2 qualification
- Be self-motivated
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
- Have access to a computer/laptop/iPad/tablet facility to use the online platform
- Have access to emails to create and verify your account
- Be able to submit proof of ID
When you apply for this course you will be emailed a series of questions. You will need to return your answers within 2 weeks for assessment prior to your interview and course enrolment. Feedback will be given if you are not suitable for this course.
Please note on successful application you will be given access to the online course materials on either the 1st or 15th of the month, dependening on the date you verify your enrolment.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £0*
- Course Length: Up to 3 months
- Campus: Distance Learning
You can go on to learn more from our other distance learning courses once you have completed your current one. Explore all our distance learning courses by clicking here.
What happens next?
- On successful completion of your initial assessment, we will contact you to start your enrolment
- We will process your application for funding and send you confirmation of enrolment once complete
- Submit your proof of ID and verify your enrolment easily online
- You will be given access to the online course materials on either the 1st or 15th of the month (dependent on the date you verify your enrolment)
- A qualified Assessor will contact you to welcome you to your course and will be available to support you throughout your online distance learning programme
- Assessments are carried out per unit and your assessor will provide you with feedback for each assessment
- Once all units are complete, passed, and verified we will apply for your certificate from the Awarding Organisation, and post out to you