Planned & Reactive Maintenance on Heating & Ventilating Systems
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
This two-year course will suit you if you have considerable experience working in the heating and ventilating sector, or have completed the Level 2 NVQ Diploma, and wish to progress your career.
You will need to be employed in the heating and ventilation or plumbing industry. You will learn the advanced skills and higher level knowledge to work on a range of heating and ventilating equipment.
What you will learn
- Organising resources within building services engineering
- Electrical work on industrial and commercial systems or components
- Principles and requirements of industrial and commercial fuel systems
- Industrial and commercial hot water heating system maintenance and fault diagnosis
- Industrial and commercial hot and cold water system maintenance and fault diagnosis
- Industrial and commercial ventilation system maintenance and fault diagnosis
- Industrial and commercial air conditioning system maintenance and fault diagnosis
- Maintain and diagnose faults on heating and ventilation systems
Assessment is through multiple choice tests, practical assignments, and portfolio of evidence.
- 3 GCSEs grade A*-C in English, maths and science (or the equivalent in adult literacy or numeracy), and
- Level 2 qualification in Service and Maintenance, and
- Employed within the heating and ventilation or plumbing industry, as an apprentice or adult trainee
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
- Level 4 HNC in Building Services Engineering
- Senior heating and ventilating engineer role
- Heating and ventilation project leader or manager
You will be required to supply and wear flame resistant overalls and steel toe capped boots or shoes within all workshop and assessment sessions, to conform to the requirements of working within a high risk industry.
All other PPE will be supplied as and when requested, including goggles, glasses, gloves, face masks, ear protection and dust masks.