Planned & Reactive Maintenance on Heating & Ventilating Equipment
Qualification: City and Guilds NVQ Diploma
About the course
This two-year course is ideal if you are just beginning your career in the heating and ventilating sector and want to learn about maintaining system components and how to install domestic, commercial and industrial heating and ventilation systems.
You will need to be employed in the heating and ventilation or plumbing industry. You will learn the practical skills and gain relevant knowledge to work on a range of heating and ventilating equipment.
What you will learn
- Applying environmental protection measures in building services engineering
- Roles, responsibilities and procedures in building services engineering
- Applying scientific principles within mechanical engineering services
- Site preparation and pipework fabrication techniques
- Industrial and commercial hot and cold water maintenance techniques
- Industrial and commercial hot water heating maintenance techniques
- Safe working practices in a building service engineering working environment
- Industrial and commercial air system maintenance techniques
- Service and maintain industrial and commercial heating and ventilation systems
Assessment is through multiple choice tests, practical assignments, and portfolio of evidence.
- 3 GCSEs grade A*-C in English, maths and science (or the equivalent in adult literacy or numeracy), and
- Employed within the heating and ventilation or plumbing industry, as an apprentice or adult trainee
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|12/09/17||08.30 - 16.30 (Tuesday)||2 years||Main||£5,421|
- Level 3 in Heating and Ventilation
- Senior heating and ventilating engineer role
- Heating and ventilation project leader or manager
You will be required to supply and wear flame resistant overalls and steel toe capped boots or shoes within all workshop and assessment sessions, to conform to the requirements of working within a high risk industry.
All other PPE will be supplied as and when requested, including goggles, glasses, gloves, face masks, ear protection and dust masks.