Painting & Decorating
Qualification: City & Guilds Diploma
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
This course will prepare you to work safely and with confidence in construction with a focus on painting and decorating. You will develop the basic rudimentary skills, knowledge and hand skills required to become a good painter or decorator.
What you will learn
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to non-complex areas
- Applying foundation and plain papers
- Producing specialist decorative finishes
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
Our construction workshops provide a fantastic learning environment with industry standard equipment.
- GCSEs grade D/3 or below (including English and maths) or
- Level 1 in English and maths
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
- Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
- Apprenticeship in Painting and Decorating