Painting & Decorating
Qualification: City & Guilds Diploma
About the course
This course will prepare you to work safely and with confidence in construction with a focus on painting and decorating. You will develop the basic rudimentary skills, knowledge and hand skills required to become a good painter or decorator.
What you will learn
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to non-complex areas
- Applying foundation and plain papers
- Producing specialist decorative finishes
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
Our construction workshops provide a fantastic learning environment with industry standard equipment.
- GCSEs grade D/3 or below (including English and maths) or
- Level 1 in English and maths
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
- Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
- Apprenticeship in Painting and Decorating