About the course
This career-led course is designed to develop the skills and knowledge required to work in the painting and decorating industry and to become a skilled painter and decorator. You will develop your skills in specialist decorative and painting finishes, including application of different types of wall and ceiling papers to surfaces.
What you will learn
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to complex areas
- Applying standard papers
- Producing specialist decorative finishes
- Applying and creating colour
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
Our construction workshops provide a fantastic learning environment with industry standard equipment.
- GCSE grades A*-D/9-3 (including English and maths), or
- Level 1 in Painting & Decorating or Construction Skills
- Practical qualifications may also be considered as an alternative entry depending on grade achieved
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Painting and Decorating
- NVQs or other relevant Level 3 courses
- Employment with painting and decorating companies (private and public sector)