About this course
This course is ideal for motorsport enthusiasts and anyone considering a career in automotive or motorsport engineering, research and development. It covers routine maintenance of vehicles as well as removing and replacing engine, electrical, chassis and transmission components. Completion of this course will provide you with the essential knowledge for progressing to a level 3 qualification and on to employment in this exciting industry.
Full-time students aged 16-18 will follow a study programme at City College which includes:
- The main subject qualification
- Work experience which is effective, relevant, and includes careers fairs, site visits, guest speakers and introduces you to the expectations of the real demands of work
- English and maths, where students have not yet achieved a GCSE grade A*-C/9-4 in these subjects by age 16
- Additional activities, such as tutorials and work-related learning, to help further develop the personal skills relevant to your progression goals
These four elements should combine to provide stretch and challenge to prepare you for progression to employment or further study.
What you will learn
- Carrying out routine motorsport vehicle maintenance
- Removing and replacing engine units and components
- Electrical auxiliary units and components
- Chassis units and components
4 GCSEs grade 9–3/A*–D (including English and maths, science and IT also preferred)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Level 3 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Advanced apprenticeship