Marine Construction, Systems Engineering and Maintenance (Boat Building)
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
This course will give you a thorough knowledge of yacht and boat construction, including assembly and sub-assembly, hull construction, installation and fitting out, and marine propulsion systems.
You will learn practical skills in our specialist Marine Skills Centre in Woolston and gain the underpinning knowledge from industry professionals. The courses are pathway specific and tailored to: Boat Building, Marine Engineering and Marine Electrical Engineering.
What you will learn
- Introduction to the marine industry
- Principles of boat building technology
- Marine engineering processes and principles
Our Marine Skills Centre on the waterside in Woolston features some of the best marine training facilities in the region including:
- Composites workshop
- Marine engineering workshop
- Marine electrical workshop
- Boat building and repair workshop
- IT and CAD suites
- GCSEs grade A*-D (including English, maths and science) or
- Experience and sound knowledge of marine engineering, wood working and electrical systems
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
- Level 3 Diploma in Marine Construction, Systems Engineering and Maintenance
- Apprenticeship in Marine Engineering, Marine Electrical or Boat Building