About this course
This course will provide you with a range of essential technical and practical skills as well as the knowledge you will require to seek further training within the make-up industry. The skills you will learn include applying make-up and creative make-up artistry.
Full-time students aged 16-18 will follow a study programme at City College which includes:
- The main subject qualification
- Work experience which is effective, relevant, and includes careers fairs, site visits, guest speakers and introduces you to the expectations of the real demands of work
- English and maths, where students have not yet achieved a GCSE grade 9-4/A*-C in these subjects by age 16
- Additional activities, such as tutorials and work-related learning, to help further develop the personal skills relevant to your progression goals
These four elements should combine to provide stretch and challenge to prepare you for progression to employment or further study.
What you will learn
- Principles of working in the make-up industry
- Anatomy and physiology for make-up artists
- Research, develop and showcase make-up and hair artistry designs
- The art of applying make-up
- Hair artistry
- Creative make-up artistry
4 GCSEs grades 9–3/A*–D (including English, maths and preferably science)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Theatrical Hair & Media Make-up
Trips, visits & activities
- Trips to local theatres
- Industry shows and exhibitions
- IMATS exhibition
- Harry Potter Studio tour
- Work experience
- Industry week activities
Due to health and safety regulations all students are required to purchase and wear in all practical sessions a full uniform which consists of tunic, trousers and closed toed shoes. These are purchased through the College suppliers to ensure a high standard of presentation in our Kudos Hair and Beauty salons.