Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Technology
Qualification: IMIAL Subsidiary Diploma
About the course
This course includes both theory and practical aspects, giving you the essential knowledge and skills required by today's motor vehicle repair industry. You will also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of the skills associated with working in a garage.
What you will learn
- Health, safety and good housekeeping
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices
- Routine vehicle maintenance
- Engine mechanical, lubrication and cooling systems
- Fuel, ignition, air and exhaust systems
- Removing and replacing brakes, steering and suspension
- Removing and replacing electrical units and components
- Inspecting light vehicles using prescribed methods
Learn in our large purpose built motor vehicle workshop equipped with the latest diagnostic testing and repair facilities. At City College it’s not just about cars – a range of commercial and heavy goods vehicles are also available to practise on.
- 3 GCSEs grade A*-D/9-3 (including English and maths. Science and IT also preferable) or
- Level 1 Motor Vehicle qualification (including Level 1 English and maths functional skills)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Level 3 Diploma in Motor Vehicle
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle
- Work in garages and workshops