About the course
This course is designed to build on the knowledge from the Level 2 Diploma, focusing on diagnostic techniques and introduces you to more vehicle systems. Units include engine technology, electrical and electronic fault finding, transmission, steering and suspension systems.
What you will learn
- Support for job roles in the automotive environment
- Diagnosis and rectification of vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of engine faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of chassis system faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of transmission and driveline faults
Learn in our large purpose built motor vehicle workshop equipped with the latest diagnostic testing and repair facilities. At City College it’s not just about cars – a range of commercial and heavy goods vehicles are also available to practise on.
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (including English and maths. Science and IT also preferable) or
- Level 2 Motor Vehicle qualification (including Level 2 English and maths functional skills)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Work in garages and workshops
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle
- University / Higher Education