About the course
This level 3 motor vehicle course is designed to build on the knowledge from the Level 2 diploma, focusing on diagnostic techniques and introduces you to more in depth vehicle systems. Units include engine technology, electrical and electronic fault finding, transmission, steering and chassis systems.
What you will learn
- Diagnosis and rectification of vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of engine faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of chassis system faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of transmission and driveline faults
- Inspecting light vehicles using prescribed methods
Learn in our large purpose built motor vehicle workshop equipped with the latest diagnostic testing and repair facilities. At City College it’s not just about cars – a range of commercial and heavy goods vehicles are also available to practise on.
50% Coursework/practical - 50% exam
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (including English and maths, science and IT also preferred) OR
- Level 2 Motor Vehicle qualification (including GCSE English and maths grade A*-C/9-4)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Enter employment in garages, workshops and other vehicle repair roles
- Degree at university
Trips, visits & activities
- Visits to vehicle maintenance companies
- Guest speakers
- Work experience
- Industry week activities