About the course
This course enables you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression within the motor vehicle sector. It covers the skills required for progression into the Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Technology or an Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle.
What you will learn
- Tools and equipment
- Retail motor industry
- Cooling and lubricating systems
- Steering and suspension
- Braking systems
- Routine maintenance (vehicle servicing)
- Lighting systems
- Spark ignition fuel systems
- Health and safety in the workplace
Learn in our large purpose built motor vehicle workshop equipped with the latest diagnostic testing and repair facilities. At City College it’s not just about cars – a range of commercial and heavy goods vehicles are also available to practise on.
- GCSEs grade D/3 or below, or
- Level 1 in English and maths
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Level 2 in Motor Vehicle
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle