Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
Qualification: C&G Certificate
There are start dates available for this course throughout the year. Please apply and at your interview we can place you on a course that meets your requirements.Apply now
About the course
This is a roll-on / roll-off course, with multiple start dates, which can be completed within a year or just a few months. This is a NEW qualification which has been developed by Lifelong Learning UK and replaces the previous V award and former D34. If you maintain the quality of assessment from within your organisation or assessment centre and are responsible for assessors, then this qualification is for you.
The course is delivered on a flexible basis where you will be allocated a qualified assessor to support you individually through your IV award.
* If you are aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
What you will learn
- Unit 1 - Understand the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment. This unit enables you to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of internal quality assurance which underpins the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Unit 2 - Internally assure the quality of assessment. The aim of this unit is to assess your performance in assuring the quality of assessment from within an organisation or assessment centre
- Unit 3 - Plan, allocate and monitor work in your own area of responsibility
There are no exams. You will have three units to complete, one which assesses your knowledge (Unit 401) the other which assesses your competence as an internal quality assurer (IQA), (Unit 402), and one that assesses how you plan, allocate and monitor work between a team that you will manage, (Unit 403). You will be allocated an assessor to work with you on a flexible basis.
You will be expected to attend 3 sessions within a classroom environment for a three hour duration as part of the internal quality assurance training. You will learn about the role of the IQA, how to plan for the IQA process, sampling and judging evidence for quality, legal requirements and standardisation policies that are associated with the internal quality assurance of the assessment process. You will need to answer a variety of questions to demonstrate your knowledge of quality assurance procedures to complete the knowledge unit.
Unit 402 is a practical unit which uses your assessments and feedback as evidence for your portfolio. You will need to assess and support at least two assessors to ensure they are providing a quality service to their candidates. You will be observed on at least two occasions with each of your assessors. You will need to organise at least two standardisation meetings with your assessor team and develop procedures that strengthen the quality of assessment practices.
Unit 403 is a practical unit which enables you to demonstrate your skills as a manager or team leader who is responsible for the planning and monitoring of the workload of your assessor team. Your workplans, schedules, meeting notes and appraisals will form part of your evidence for this unit.
You will need to be in a quality assurance role, supporting at least two assessors. These could be either qualified or unqualified, but may be working towards their assessor award. You will also need to already have an assessor qualification (e.g. A1/2 D32/33).
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £811* (eligible for 19+ loan)
- Course Length: 1 year
- Campus: Main