Leadership for Health & Social Care & Children & Young People’s Services
Qualification: City & Guilds Diploma
About the course
This part-time course is aimed at unqualified managers, assistant managers and senior carers who need to complete a qualification to meet Care Quality Commission (CQC) registration requirements.
The qualification fulfils the regulatory requirement for managers of adult residential and domiciliary services and replaces the NVQ level 4 care and the leadership and management qualifications.
What you will learn
The programme of study explores the following range of units:
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Health, safety and risk management
- Working in partnership in health and social care
- Lead and manage a team
- Develop professional supervision
- Safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults
- Lead person-centred practice
- Recruitment and selection
- Facilitate coaching and mentoring
- Manage induction in health and social care
You will complete the mandatory units and then follow your own pathway to best suit your job role.
- Adults' Residential Management - for those managing a registered residential service
- Adults' Management - for those managing a domiciliary service
- Adults' Advanced Practice - for unqualified care managers
You will attend formal teaching sessions one day a month for 18 months. Our assessor will observe you in your workplace plus you will be supported to build a portfolio of evidence.
Assessment consists of a combination of written assignments, observations in your workplace, witness testimonies, oral questions and professional discussion. You will be allocated a named assessor on the induction day.
- Aged 19+
- Already working in health and social care as a manager or assistant / deputy manager
- Letter of support from your employer to confirm your job role and gives permission for us to observe you in the workplace
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
- Degree level course in health and social care
- Advanced management course
- Career progression and development